I’ve been wanting to try this recipe for a while, and finally had my chance this past week when hosting our small group from church at our home. This recipe for bruschetta is quick and easy, and the balsamic vinegar gives it just the right amount of boost to make it extra yummy. It was a huge hit- everyone loved it! I adapted the recipe slightly from the original, which can be found here.
5 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c. sundried tomatoes, packed in oil; drained and chopped
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 c. olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. fresh basil leaves; cut into small strips
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 loaf French bread
1 1/2-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
- In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the bread into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown. (watch closely to keep from burning!)
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.