Delightful peaches + French Toast = Heavenly. Seriously, how could this recipe go wrong?! We enjoyed this in Bald Head Island on vacation with friends. We made it late one night and stuck it in the refrigerator overnight to enjoy the next morning. It was easy and delicious!
Above, you can see the ooey gooey baked version that popped out of the oven. The house smelled delicious to boot!
You can bet your bottom dollar I ate this whole portion! I didn’t even have to add syrup. It was fan-freakin-tastic!
Peaches & Cream French Toast
(Recipe found here)
1 8-oz. loaf French bread, sliced
8 large eggs
2 c whole milk
1/4 c sugar
1 t vanilla extract
Almost 2 bags of fresh peaches ( or 2 15-oz. cans sliced peaches packed in juice, drained)
1/2 c packed dark brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 c heavy cream
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange bread in a tight, flat layer in dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, sugar and vanilla until blended; pour over bread. Arrange sliced peaches on top and sprinkle with brown sugar & cinnamon.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour cream into a small pan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Drizzle over peaches and bake, uncovered, until casserole is lightly browned on top and just cooked through, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.