This is an easy recipe that my husband and I love, and an easy way to dress up green beans in under 5 minutes. The goat cheese is especially good when added to the beans while they are still hot- it softens and starts to melt a little. You can also use red wine vinegar if you don’t have sherry vinegar. My mom makes it with the bacon while I usually opt for using almonds instead for a lighter alternative. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (4-ounce) log goat cheese, crumbled
- Optional: 1/4 cup almonds and/or cooked bacon (crumbled)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Toss with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and transfer to a large platter.
3. Scatter cranberries, goat cheese and almonds over the top and serve warm.