Have you all tried puppy chow before? It is probably one of my all time favorite treats. I cannot resist making it whenever we have get togethers. Between the chocolate, the peanut butter and the confectioner’s sugar, it’s just hard to beat when mixed with the saltiness of the corn chex!
I’ve heard people call it all different things, but regardless what you call it…it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser! The great thing about this recipe is that you probably already have a lot of the ingredients on hand. Now all you have to do is whip it up, serve and enjoy!
1/2 c peanut butter
1/4 c butter
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 t vanilla
9 c Crispix or Chex type cereal
3 c powdered sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Place the powdered sugar in a large zip type plastic bag.
6. Add the peanut butter-chocolate cereal mixture to the bag, leaving enough room for the puppy chow to be shaken (you may have to divide the mixture into smaller batches, coating one batch at a time).
7. Shake the bag vigorously to evenly coat each piece of the puppy chow with powdered sugar.
8. Once the mixture is fully coated, place in a large serving bowl.
9. Coat any additional pieces by shaking the mixture in the powdered sugar filled bag. Add powdered sugar to the bag as needed until all the mixture is coated.
Ta-da!!! Time to enjoy! What’s your favorite salty/sweet mixture snack?