Cheesy, crunchy, easy…..satisfying. These are the words that come to mind when thinking about making this recipe. These barbecue chicken nachos are the perfect solution to a last minute, “Crap, what are we going to have for dinner?” question. They take less than 10 minutes to prepare and you get a mix of flavors and textures, what’s not to love?
- 1 c chicken, shredded
- 1/4 c BBQ sauce
- 1.5 c shredded cheese
- 1 can refried beans (you could use black if that’s your preference or Mexican rice)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Few sprigs of cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss chicken & BBQ sauce in small bowl.
- Put chips on a lined baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Top with chicken & BBQ mixture, then beans, & finally w/ cheese.
- Warm for 5-6 min or until cheese is melted.
- Top w/ more BBQ sauce if desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Topping suggestions: Salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, corn, avocado, black olives, green onions. This is a great easy dish to get your family involved in making with you. The best part other than the taste may be that the cleanup is peeling up the aluminum foil off the pan and throwing it out! Bon Appetit!
Find other delicious recipes we’ve posted here!