Our second Wedding Wednesday post features ways to save money on bridesmaid’s gifts and favors. Here’s a few ideas we have cooked up.
- Buy something on sale or when there’s a discount code offered online. For instance, Vera Bradley bags make a great gift but sometimes you can find discount codes online for such. (Here’s one of the last posts we did about a Vera sale, we’ll keep you posted every time we find another one!)
- Get a Bath & Body Works candle or body gel when they have their semi-annual sale, so it is a lot less than usual, or when you have coupons like these to get your best value.
image via Fragrant Moments
- A lot of times you can find trendy, cheap earrings at Forever 21 that make for a fun gift!
Examples: necklace = $5.80 earrings = $5.80
- Consider personalized stationary through VistaPrint- if you catch them at the right time, you’ll get it for free + shipping!
- Check out these DIY- wine stoppers- these would be such great gifts for girls!!
Favors seem to be one of the easiest things to do yourself. Many people do the bubbles that get blown at you as you leave thhe reception. I know my mom, sister and I spent a few hours going to Walmart picking up mass mini bubbles, buying little pearls and white ribbon and tying them all together. After said countless hours, my DH (then fiancé at the time) left them all at our new condo, so we walked out to waving hands and smiling faces. You know us, something unique had to happen. Haha!
- At Jessica’s wedding, they had purchased small little to-go boxes that they had stamped with a pretty monogram stamp- the caterer put a slice of extra cake in each box and then stacked them on a table on the way out the door for guests to grab. It was a great way to get rid of all the extra cake, and only cost them around $50!
- You can also consider a candy bar. A friend of Jessica’s purchased several jars from Hobby Lobby with the 40% off coupon, filled them up with candy matching the colors of the wedding, and placed little snack bags for guests to fill up on their way out. Check this post out for more how to’s.
- Idea from Real Simple: “The perfect pair” soap set- $1.75 each. (they also have personalized gum, chapstick, candles, etc on this site for less than $2 each- not a bad price!)