Personally, I am not a huge fan of hamburger helper. But for this deal I will gladly buy a few packages and donate them to charity to get the ground beef! Ground beef is easy to freeze and use at a later date so I always stock up on it when I can. Meat deals are always hard to come by so I will take free meat at the drop of a hat!
Here are two different scenarios to use with the deal on Hamburger Helper. The first one may not be allowed at some stores due to the wording on the coupon, so I made an alternate scenario in case your Publix enforces the “one per transaction” policy, meaning some of these coupons can be used once per checkout.
(3) Hamburger Helper: $2.39
(3) Ground Beef 1 lb each: $6.00
(3) Muir Glen sauces (or tomato paste): $2.67
- (3) $1/1 Muir Glen coupon (Better at home booklet or coupons.com)
- (1) $.75/3 HH coupon (9/13 SS or GM, 8/9 GM- some people got $1/3!)
- (3) $1 off ground beef WYB HH Publix coupon (Better at home booklet)
- (3) $1 off ground beef WYB HH mfg coupon
Total: $1.31 + tax for all 9 items! Amazing!
*You will need some “filler” items to make up for the fact that you have more coupons than items. It shouldn’t be a problem if you are buying other things without coupons, but if you aren’t, try throwing in some Koolaid packets that are about $.10 each. The register will beep if you have more coupons than items!
(1) Hamburger helper: $.80
(1) Muir Glen sauce (or tomato paste): $.89
(1) 1 lb ground beef: $1.99
- $1/1 Muir Glen coupon (better at home booklet)
- $1 off ground beef wyb hamburger helper store coupon (better at home booklet)
- $1 off ground beef wyb hamburger helper manufacturer coupon (peelie on box)
Total: $.68 for all 3 items!
Have any other great scenarios? Please post them in the comment section below!